answers to your questions about legal situations

About Me

answers to your questions about legal situations

Have you recently found yourself facing a legal situation and don't know how to proceed? Is this an incident that requires the assistance of an attorney working on your side? Can you get away with not hiring an attorney? These and many more questions are answered on my website. Having worked as an assistant in the legal world, I have gotten to know quite a bit about different legal situations and have provided you with several examples and pieces of advice that can help you. Hopefully, you will find everything you need to help you through this difficult time in your life.

Latest Posts

Making The Bankruptcy Chapter Decision
5 September 2023

Deciding between Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 bankrupt

2 Signs You Need To Call A Dog Bite Attorney
11 July 2023

You do not have to call an attorney every time a d

Unveiling The Secrets Of Successful Car Accident Claims: Why Legal Representation Matters
6 June 2023

Car accidents can be devastating, causing physical

Put Your Traffic Woes In The Rearview Mirror With Help From A Traffic Crime Attorney
26 April 2023

You never know when you might be on the hook for a

How Much Is My Medical Malpractice Suit Worth?
28 March 2023

When you get injured at the hands of a doctor, you

Effective Measures To Compel Your Partner's Honoring Of The Spousal Support Agreement

You have a right to request the court to award you spousal support payments if you dissolve your marriage. This is more so if you make less money than your partner and feel that you will face financial challenges after separation. In such cases, the court may require your partner to pay you a certain amount for upkeep. Unfortunately, your ex-spouse might refuse to pay some or all the payments the court awards you. This could make it challenging to foot your bills and meet other financial obligations. In such a case, a lawyer can file a court case and apply the following measures to help ensure your former partner pays alimony:

The Issuance of a Court Order

When your lawyer files a petition in court, they may request the judge to issue an order obligating your partner to pay up. They might also request the court to punish your partner for making you suffer because of failure to make the ordered fees. After the judge delivers the judgment, your partner should make the payment within the stipulated time. However, if this does not happen, the court can issue tougher measures, including slapping your partner with a fine or jailing them.

The court might also issue a directive allowing an enforcing officer to seize your partner's assets to recover the money they have defaulted on. It aims to cover all the money your partner has defaulted since they made their most recent payment. As such, your lawyer will calculate and present a figure in court, covering all the outstanding payments to help ensure that you get every coin you're entitled to.

An Order to Withhold Income

If your partner is employed, the judge might issue an order instructing your partner's employer to withhold a part of their earnings. This money will then be sent directly to your bank account. It is a suitable way to seek payments because you will not have to deal with your partner if they refuse to pay the agreed amount. Notably, when the court issues this order, your civil defense attorney will follow up to ensure you receive your payments promptly.

If your partner has refused to pay you alimony, contact a civil defense attorney for help. They will file a case in court compelling your partner to make the payments immediately. As such, the judge may issue any of the orders above to help you get the remittance your partner owes you.